Last week, I posted on the blog about the trouble we?d been having with our neighbour?s barking dog & his inappropriate behaviour�at our fence. It was actually very wrong of me to write about it here publicly without going to speak to our neighbours first ? as I had made a lot of assumptions about them which were unjustified. So I would�like to say a very heartfelt ?sorry? to our neighbours now on the blog for being so thoughtless, careless and judgemental so quickly.
It?s no excuse but I think I was just so tired & stressed from our move and then enduring the constant barking over the Christmas break just really wore me down, especially when it seemed at times that we were being�hassled every time we stepped out of our house and the dog was just being left outside with nobody to check his behaviour?.so I took out my frustrations on the blog. I wasn?t thinking, just reacting emotionally. But I really should have gone to speak to the neighbours first instead.
As it happens, I had managed to speak to them a few days ago and I quickly realised how wrong my assumtions were. They are actually very responsible & willing to do something about the problem. They?d already started making an effort to use some training to modify his behaviour and were also very receptive to both my suggestions of blocking his access to the ?sensitive? part of the fence and taking him to a training class. I was just planning to post again to update everyone on how much I had misjudged them and also on the positive changes in the situation but unfortunately, before I had time to,�they found�Honey?s blog yesterday�and read what I?d written about them previously -�and were understandably angry & upset.
I know it doesn?t change anything but I just want to say again how very sorry I am for what I did ? it really was very wrong of me and I hope to make amends. I have removed that post from the blog now as the things I said are wrong & hurtful. I hope we will be able to find a way to move on and get through this.
Hsin-Yi
No comments:
Post a Comment